Monday, December 1, 2008

TURKEY WEEKEND

I ended up walking and jogging the Turkey Trot, I mentioned in the last post that I was getting a cough and it ended up being a full blown lung infection. I went to the doctor on the Mon. before Thanksgiving and he put me on a really high dose of antibiotics. It was way crapy. Ive been running 3 times a week and worked up to 4 miles and then I get sick, VERY BIG LETDOWN for me. My sister Mindi did it and my sister-in-laws Jenn and Melayne and my two nieces did it and I am very proud of them. Our Family wore Kamber shirts and we ran for her. That was really special. I will say I wasnt sore at all and I think it is because I am in good shape. Can you be in good shape when you have 20 pounds to lose? Oh well I am feeling a whole lot better and next year I will go after it again.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Yay for you...at least you can say you completed it. You need to add a picture of you all in your Kamber shirts! Hope you are feeling better! Thank heavens we live in a time that has antibiotics! I am cleaning for a Relief Society Christmas party at my house on Thursday! I am not sure how I got sucked into that one!

Melanie said...

I am so bummed we didnt get to see you. I had a great time and it was such an amesome experience to do it in memory of Kamber I felt like I was part of a club with those cute shirts on.:)

Larsens said...

go candi! i wish i could have been there.... it was actually very hard for me not to be there. we miss you guys. happy holidays! i am thinking about meeting you guys out in san diego.. you are still planning on going right???

The McNeil Family said...

Thanks Candi for jogging with me. I enjoyed the walk/jog with you guys. That is awesome that you are not even sore. My knee are still killing me. I hope I didn't screw them up.I glad that you are feeling better