Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello Hello

Well, we are doing super fantastic! I am greatful the weather is changing for the better B.J. and I have been taking the kids outside quite a bit to the park, the golf range, and the track. Major likes to run up and down the bleachers while I run the track. I say run, but what I really am doing is a slow jog. The Turkey Trot is held every year on Thanksgiving Day. I ran it 5 years in a row but this last year, Dallas was 8 weeks old and I wasn't sleeping or running enough to do it. This year I will be participating and anyone that would like to do it with me is more than welcome. It is not a competitive race at least I don't treat it like that. I just want to eat two extra pieces of pumpkin pie that day without gaining a pound. It is a 10k race that means 6.2 miles. Thousands of people run it every year and it is a whole lotta fun. Let me know if you also are a self masicust and want to join me.

7 comments:

Denise said...

I wish I thought I would survive a turkey trot! Keep up the good work! You are my inspiration!

larsen family said...

Hey I'm planning on doing it with you again this year! Lots of fun when you look back on it. Not so fun when you are wishing mile six came after mile two. See ya soon!

Melanie said...

Frist of all that is not me that has the mullet that was my sister and yes we had some great hair stlys back then why do you think me and lynsey are hair stylist now we are forever scarred. Second I want to do the turkey trot so do you run or trott? Mel

Melanie said...

by the way be nice or I will post pictures that I have of you from high school :)

Alishia said...

Oh sure, Candi. I'd love to do the Turkey Trot with you and Jen. You'll have to carry me or pull me or something! : )

I've got to do something about my baby weight that is going on two years old, running would be great, but I'd be lucky to make it one mile, let alone six. Maybe next year!!

Heidi said...

Candi I can't believe I found you on here. Your little boys are so cute. Kade and I just had a baby boy. My email is kadeandheidi@hotmail.com. Send me your email and I'll invite you to our blog. Its awesome to see your doing great!

LuvCarrie said...

I wish I was in good enough shape to join you! Have a great time!!