Saturday, September 6, 2008

How much fun is eating out with small children?

We are doing quite well. We went to dinner at BJ's pizza tonight (damn it's good) sorry, it is. Eating out is kinda hard with a one year old that has to be entertained the whole time until the food gets there and then when the food does get there we only can use half the table because Dallas is Mr. Grabby. He will grab ANYTHING in his reach. It is Funny, I can always tell the waitresses that have no kids,they set the food right in front of Dallas and then I have to quickly grab his hand and while BJ grabs the food or vice versa, then Dallas gets all ticked off and pretty much cusses us out in baby talk. After we get our food, handing Dallas french fries only lasts so long until he starts screeching like a parrot because he wants to get out and play. The rest of dinner consists of me inhaling my food and then covering Dallas's mouth and walking out while everyone is staring at me and BJ pays the bill. We went to Serannos last night and the story was verry simular. Kids are a ton, ton, ton of fun, but a whooooooole lotta work. Before I had kids I wanted 5 then I had Major and thought 3 was a great# now that I have two I think it is the MAGICAL #. Ok mabey I will think about 3 there is only one problem. BJ has told me he is done. That means I need a sperm doner. Hey man BJ is cool with it! The only criteria he wants is that the guy be goodlooking and rich. Ha! BJ belongs on that new reality TV show Last comic standing yea Im sure he could make a million doing that. He is pretty funny most of the time. One of the many things I LOVE about him. Well, thank you for taking the time to see how we are doing. I do want to tell everyone how greatful I am. I have a wonderful family and a wonderful job and I do have great kids that are healthy that is most important. I have a very loyal husband who loves me very much and I love him too corkiness and all. Ha Ha. Didn't mean to get all serious on you all. It is getting late I should go. See you later!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Eating with kids makes me Crazy I swear that is exactly how our dinners go too. I love all the dirty looks you get from old people. Kids arent they a joy, I know I wouldnt trade mine for a quite dinner.

Denise said...

We have sworn off eating out with our two little guys. We have discovered take out is more fun than exposing the world to Jake and Zach being forced to sit still!

Larsens said...

oh candi!!! i can TOTALLY relate. the other day i went to dinner with some friend with the two kids... me and the two kids. Shoot me!! i love the part about the waitress with no kids putting the good right in front of the kid... especially when the plate is hot. but the best is when you go to dinner with people who dont have kids. after dinner, the couple seriously reconsiders whether or not they should have kids!
ps... i am watching the wootans on family feud... love it! go wootans!

LuvCarrie said...

Hey girl! Sounds like tons of fun. I can't wait! Glad you are doing well. Send me your email address and I'll invite you to our blog.

The McNeil Family said...

I can totally agree with you, eating out with kids is crazy. But we sure still love them no matter what. Hopefully you don't mind I found your blog.

Coplen's said...

Candi,
Your hilarious I love the BLOG!

Dana said...

SO True! I'm seriously reconsidering the whole kid thing myself! Send me your email. We need to get together!
danax5@gmail.com